Sunday, May 16, 2010

life! a rant.

I don't understand how you all do it! It really amazes me that so many people have the time and dedication to make great posts about make-up and skincare so frequently. I was smashed with work this past week, and though this weekend was supposed to be amazing... a lot of stuff happened and I'm stuck feeling frustrated about life :/

I am the type of person who will focus the blame on myself rather than circumstances or others. Understandably, usually the situation calls for it (one's own irresponsibility or lack of common sense/communication)... but I feel like I am too harsh on myself at times.

I got myself committed into something and I was giving 500% effort where everyone else was just waiting to be told what to do. We are something new, and it requires 100% effort from everyone at least, and it was more like I shouldered everything and told everyone what to do. (Not told what to do in the sense of delegating duties... it was more of me writing out everyone's speeches and having them practice reciting it.) I tried shifting some smaller responsibilities, but they fell through and now I'm stuck trying to hastily put together a fundraiser that I COULD HAVE completely organized by last week if I had the right paperwork. Unfortunately, someone else failed to give me that paperwork (for the PAST THREE WEEKS, I might add!) and now it's going to be my fault if it doesn't get done.

Sorry for this rant, but I am just really sick of it. I am not even the head of this group, but I am literally doing 90% of the work. The only things I do not do are pass out flyers to people. I was so fed up this past weekend, that at our informational table I literally just walked away from them.

I'm sorry for this rant... I think I said that already, but yeah. I just need to vent a little bit before sucking it up and apologizing for running off like that.

I am moving into my new apartment soon (since I live on campus at the moment, and will be slowly transitioning into an ACTUAL APARTMENT SPACE!!), so expect lots of posts after this week. :] I am such a bad beauty blogger... :[

Hope you all had a lovely week/weekend~

xoxo,
clover

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! Sometimes things just won't get done without a good leader though, and even though you're not assigned the "leader" position, you've taken over the role. I think you should be proud of yourself though, you're in the process of moving and plus you're organizing all these extra activities. That's great!

    If it makes you feel any better your palette prize should be there any minute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i;m sorry to hear what you been gone through. hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete