Monday, April 5, 2010

Smelling yummers

I love perfume and nice smelling stuff!! That is why... when I saw Victoria's Secret Garden Body Care sale, I couldn't help myself! I had one of those cards for their promotional thing (where you can get either $10, $50, $100, or $500!! I only got $10 bleh but oh well) and I used it the dealio. It was 3 for $24, 5 for $30, or 7 for $35. And if you opted for the 7 for $35, you got one free product... so essentially 8 for $35~ Woo hoo! And I got $10 off, so I paid ~$28 for all eight products! There's a code for the website if you want to get it: garden35. It'll let you get 8 for $35.

I got quite a few perfumes, some body washes, and a lotion. I like the way they feel, but I am always hesitant about trying lotions that are scented and the like. Bath and Body Works is nice, but I love my Cetaphil moisturizing cream too much! I'm about 3/4 done with the tub.. eekers. I'll post pics when I finish! Hahaha...

I have a lot of perfumes, and here are some tips to prolong their shelf-life so that they don't change color or start smelling weird:

TIPSERS!!

  • Try not to keep your perfume in the bathroom - when you shower it'll steam up the place and it's best to keep perfume at room temperature.
  • Don't leave them out where the sun can shine on them!
  • I know it's fun to display them on your dresser because they always make such PRETTY BOTTLES, but that's a no-no! The less light you expose your bottles to, the longer your perfume will last.
  • Try keeping them in the box and only taking them out when you need to use them.
I know these aren't super fun, and I'm guilty of the last two... I usually stash them in my drawer, but I keep out a few for decoration and out of laziness. Perfume can last for years and years if you take good care of it! Does anyone have some more tips to help prolong the life of my beautiful little smells??

Continuing on!

The purchases of the day: {from left to right}
Mango Temptation Body Wash AND Body Mist! I really really love this scent. So yummy - if you get the chance, try it at the closest VS!! It's sweet and fruity, but not too sweet. I hate the scents that smell like sugar. (Or smell like strawberries & champagne... I did not like that one at all.)
Island Water Body Wash and Body Mist. Surprisingly, I liked it. It smells more like a tropical pineapple. There's a hint of coconut (since the label says there is COCONUT WATER in it, but it's not too strong.
Love Spell Lotion and Perfume. It smelled yummy, so I was like WHY NOT TRY IT??
Pure Seduction Perfume. I love perfume.
Enchanted Apple Perfume. I'm gona give this to my bestie on her birthday because she loves apple scents! I was torn between this scent and another one - but I chose this one in the end. Both had apple-y tones to them, but I felt that this one was a really strong apple. I don't even remember the name of the other one.

I don't know if anyone is wondering why I bought doubles of the same scent... but for the Mango Temptation and Island Water (which I totally recommend to those who love slightly sweet but incredibly fruity scents) they didn't sell the perfume (eau de toilette), and since body mists are generally weaker I was scared to buy just the mist and have the scent fade like... halfway through my day. If I layer the body mist with the body wash (with my scentless lovely Cetaphil in between the two!), then there'd be a longer lasting scent. :]

Since I snapped a shot of my little splurge, I thought I'd also take this opportunity to share with you all my current perfume collection. These are the scents I use the most - I have a few sprays that I left at home for convenience.

Haha! Look at all the water I'm drinking.. Anyway {From left to right}
Sinful
~ I believe this is from AnchorBlue? I bought it way back in junior high... eep. I've taken good care of it and look how much I've used! Do they even make this anymore? I really like this scent - it's what I think sexy would smell like if it was trapped in a bottle.
Rose of Bulgaria ~ Um, it isn't a brand. It's just some rose perfume my dad brought back for me from his trip to Bulgaria... apparently that's what they are most famous for! I told him to buy me a keychain, but he said it was crap and made from China anyway! HAHA!!
Shine ~ This is from Charlotte Russe. I bought it about a year and a half ago because it was on sale, but I haven't used it very much. I just think the cap is so cute! (I just realized the cap is missing though... I'm such a loser haha)
Miracle ~ This is by Lancome. I bought it for my mom on Mother's Day in junior high, but she didn't want it so I've kept it and been using it! I lost the cap to this one :[
Love Etc. ~ This is from the Body Shop. I fell in love with this smell late last year - around October? When I discovered it, the perfume was only available in the UK. I was forced to buy it on Ebay... only to find out a week later it was released in the US. -__- story of my life! It's still one of my fav-o perfumes to use, but I try to be stingy with it so it'll last a looong time.
Black Amethyst ~ This is from Bath and Body Works. I was OBSESSED with this smell during fall of 2008. I had the lotion, the body wash... I've long since used up the lotion. I still have about half of the body wash... and this body spray. I use it to kill bugs. Hahaa.

You can see my messy desk. Yuckyuckyuck. I'm in the process of cleaning my room so that I can be more productive about schoolwork instead of spending all my time reading beauty blogs!!! Haha. I hope everyone is healthy and well!


xoxo,
clover

No comments:

Post a Comment