Sunday, April 11, 2010

Retail Therapy

I do not want to appear to be a negative person or whatever, but I just wanted to write something in this blog. I haven't made any purchases in awhile (yay me for sticking to my resolution hehe), and I still want to wait at least another week before writing a review on some of the skincare products I have been experimenting with... so yeah. I thought I would just blog a bit about myself to let people get to know me a bit better. :]

Right now I feel that there is a lot of stress in my life - academics, family, friends, perpetual unemployment... urgh. It all just feels like huge burdens that I have to carry and sometimes I just feel that I can't take it. I'm not the type of person who will go around and tell her close friends every little bit of their life. I follow this idea that the world is a sad enough place, and you shouldn't going around aggravating it further... yeah. So I try to keep negative emotions hidden away because everyone goes through tough times. And we all make it through!

Currently, when I'm upset nothing cheers me up better than some RETAIL THERAPY!! Seriously, I love going to Sephora or Ulta and just looking at everything for an hour or two. It's amazing what just playing with testers will do for my mood. And oh golly, BUYING SOMETHING?? That's almost like heaven haha! So amazing.

I have been spending money too freely lately, so I have had to put a hold on retail therapy for now. I hope that when I find a job (which I hope will be very very soon! I hope someone wants me soon! eeearghhhhhh...), I will be able to save a bit from each paycheck to splurge on myself for a bit. I've been digging into my rainy day money (personal piggy bank ^^) for these current splurges, but it was painstakingly, long-saved funds that I spent so bleh. I know everyone feels like this sometimes - why did I just buy that? do i even need this?? what was i thinking?!

I don't usually regret what I buy because when it comes to make-up, I almost never buy anything over $20 that I do not extensively read about before purchasing. (Even if it's Sephora and their lovely return policy haha...)

My mom told me that she used to do retail therapy until she found a cheaper and more productive way to release stress. She cleaned the house! aha, I need to find a more productive stress relief. I will turn to the gym! Muahaha, and get so fit that I can beat up anyone!

Geezzz, it's almost 2AM. I think I'm just staying up late to avoid tomorrow, which is bound to be a gloomy day. :/ Not being negative, but I know it will be... cuz I'm psychic. jk.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Btw, what do you guys think of Sonia Kashuk brushes? I'm looking into getting a few brushes just to have so I can stop applying everything with my fingers... I've heard 50/50 reviews on Sonia Kashuk but I've heard a lot of good things about EcoTools. Any other brands to consider? Price is a definite factor, but I hate brushes that shed. Yuckaronis!


xoxo,
clover

No comments:

Post a Comment