Monday, April 26, 2010

and the search continues...

Bleh, it feels impossible (or at least overwhelming) in my seemingly futile search for HG anything... I want to try all the products out there to find the one that best suits me! I know reading beauty blogs and reviews won't make up for ME trying out the actual products, but I'm just toooo frugal to dish out the $$$ for the tests. I'm so shy and I don't like to ask for samples :/ I loved shopping at Sephora the other day. It was the first time an SA threw in samples with my purchase!! And it's so silly because it was the cheapest purchase I've ever made at Sephora (~$6!!!)...

Currently, I'm testing out these products in my attempt to find something that makes me go WOW, I'M NEVER GOING TO STOP BUYING THIS EVER!!!

...hasn't worked out so far. I stop using things when I start breaking out because I CANNOT STAND ACNE. I wear glasses (most of the time... since I am lazy about putting contacts in), so I'm constantly pushing them up or fixing my hair because my bangs are at this awkward length where they're not-quite-bangs but they don't yet fit in with the rest of my hair. My hand brushes against my forehead (it's not like I go out of my way to NOT TOUCH my face... it is a part of me haha!), so it puts me in a bad mood when I feel the bumps and know my skin is not even.

I don't give products even the slightest chance if they might make me break out or dry up. I don't mind the drying up so much since I use Aquaphor to solve my dry skin issues :D

Anyway, here's the products that I use the most (this is by no means all of it...) currently, my go-to grab it out and slap it on stuff!:

face stuff
(from left to right)
1st row: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Medium Beige 006, Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush 03, Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Honey Blush 02, Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer, Too Faced Primed & Poreless
2nd row: Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer in 02 (dark beige i believe?), Clinique Pore Minimizer in Invisible Deep 02, Clinique Superfit Makeup in Honey, Smashbox O-Glow, Smashbox Soft Lights in Dusk, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum

I also have a Revlon primer but I couldn't find it... I swear I saw it on my desk this morning. D:

But anyway... what I usually use goes like this...
  1. Clinique Pore Minimizer, MUFE Lift Concealer, Maybelline Blush, and Smashbox Soft Lights dusted over forehead/cheeks/nose/chin OR
  2. Clinique Pore Minimizer, one of the primers, Revlon PhotoReady Foundation, MUFE Lift Concealer, and a blush (choose one from above! :D
Then I pair it off with...

eye stuff (with that random Smashbox highlighter/blush in there...)
(from left to right)
1st row: Generic lash curler that my sister gave me to persuade me not to get Koji Lash Curler at Mitsuwa, Covergirl LashBlast, Smashbox Bionic Mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection, UD 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Covet, Smashbox Soft Fusion in Baked Starburst, Stila Smudge Pot (minis - going clockwise - starry night/purple/kitten/black), CLinique Quick-Eyes Cream Shadow in Cocoa Shimmer and Truffle (i loveeed neutral colors), Victoria's Secret Mosaic Eye Shadow in Closer (this is SOO old, they changed the packaging D:), Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow in Peacock (MY FAVO! haha), Korres Eyeshadow in White
2nd row: Urban Decay palette (too lazy to see... but I LOVEE last call! one of my fav colors), M.A.C. Paint Pot in Blackground (with cap next to it heehe), Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow in Sparkling Sage/French Vanilla and Sunburst

I use other eyeliners, but those are oldies that I buy all the time - not too bad but not great. Stila Smudge Pots are being tested out for smudging on my waterline!!

Combinations I usually do on my eyes:
  1. Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow in Sparkling Sage/French Vanilla, Clinique's Peacock, Stila Smudge Pot in black, UD Eye Liner in Covet (on waterline, on top of the Smudge Pot), and generous amounts of LashBlast
  2. Smudge Pot in Kitten on my lids, M.A.C. Paint Pot in Blackground smudged over lids, Stila Smudge Pot in black or starry night and smudged slightly, Korres Eyeshadow in White layered over, and Too Faced mascara to top it off
Hehehee... yes. This is not even all of my make-up collection. These are just the products I find myself using most often these days. I just thought I would share that with you. (It's kind of a lie since I only use primers once a week if I feel like it. I only have three primers so hehehe... yeah.)

I wouldn't consider any of these an HG product just yet (they have to prove themselves to me. I was kind of hoping I would just KNOW it was my HG product when I put it on, but eh, what can you do?) so the hunt continues!

Right now I'm really focused on finding a good foundation - but in my search for it I've veered into the path of BB creams. They sound soo appealing to me. I'm really curious about trying one of SkinFood's BB creams (preferably the mushroom or aloe one.) and I was wondering if any of you had any insight/input about it! :] Is there another brand you would suggest for a first time BB cream user?

I'm going to try ordering one online (after I figure out if I am light enough to try the darker shades) after I receive my other orders -___-;; I went on a binge ordering spree this past weekend...

ANYWAY!

It was so difficult to upload those two images. My internet is being difficult :/ And... just previewed this post and I wrote so much. This is what happens after you go to the gym and run!! So much energy hehe :] Go out and do some jumping jacks! Bababa~

xoxo,
clover

PS: You will notice I did not include any lip products... I HAVE SO MANY OF THOSE that those probably require their own sub categories and its own post! And yes, I mean the ones I use regularly!! Haha! I might do a post on that soon, if I can get off my lazy butt and dig them out of my purses and backpack to arrange nicely for a photo!

2 comments:

  1. We have so many of the same products! Listen I work at Sephora and we're known for giving out samples. Don't hesitate to ask for a sample of anything. If your a client that's spending money you deserve to try the product before you purchase it.

    Also, just so you know. Smashbox photo finish foundation has a form of silicone in it. Silicone attracts dirt to the skin. So on sensitive skin types like myself (dry-combo skin), this can clog the pores and cause break outs. I switched to Nars primer and I love it! Maybe go get a sample and try it ;)

    Love the Urban Decay purple palette too, the colors just blend so nicely. I just got the limited edition Alice in Wonder land palette. I <3 Urban Decay.

    makeuponmind.blogspot

    xox Laura Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy grail?! Man, I'm just glad I've never found a product that really just doesn't work for me. It's either neutral or good lol :) I've found a lot of holy grail things but I still keep trying out new things.. I guess it's just the curiosity in me ;)

    ReplyDelete